Even though CoolSculpting is a great way to reduce fat without surgery – one size does not fit all.
Here are 5 reasons why CoolSculpting may not be right for you:
Large fat distribution:
- If you have more than a small defined pocket of stubborn fat CoolSculpting may not be right for you.
- If you have several areas of fat, CoolSculpting is likely to be much more expensive and likely will not give you the results that other treatments such as Liposuction would.
- CoolSculpting does a great job at reducing small areas of stubborn fat but does very little to nothing for skin laxity.
- Skin laxity can follow pregnancy and/or extreme weight loss. If skin laxity is something you would like to treat, other treatments such as a tummy tuck or SmartLipo Triplex might be a better treatment because they treat skin laxity in addition to removing fat.
- CoolSculpting relies on your body’s response to the treatment. Unlike Liposuction, where the surgeon removes the fat, Cool Sculpting results depend on how well your body eliminates the fat after the treatment.
- The thing that makes CoolSculpting so appealing also limits its ability to reduce fat. CoolSculpting is completely non-invasive; because of this, it reduces the treated fat by approximately 20 percent. This means you could see little less than or more than 20 percent reduction per treatment. This cannot be changed or altered by the doctor providing the treatment. For most patients, several CoolSculpting treatments are required to achieve desired results.
- Because Cool Sculpting relies on your body’s ability to eliminate fat after the treatment, and each individual patient is different, it is impossible for any provider to tell you (with certainty) how many treatments you need. This has the potential to make CoolSculpting much more expensive when compared to other fat reduction alternatives such as Liposuction.
“To the man with the hammer everything looks like a nail”
- Be wary of medical spas or practices that offer CoolSculpting as their only available method of fat reduction. It is best to consult with a board certified surgeon who can administer a physical examination of the areas you desire treatment and educate you on all fat reduction options available – even if they are not offered by that practice.
If you have received a CoolSculpting treatment but aren’t satisfied with the results, Imagen Body Sculpting offers $500 off SmartLipo.*