The acronym FUPA (Fat Upper Pubic Area) is fatty tissue above the pubic bone. The actual term is panniculus. FUPA became a meme when Beyoncé talked about her pregnancy in Vogue’s September issue that left her with a little FUPA. The fat in the upper pubic area below the belly button can be incredibly difficult and even impossible to target and remove with just exercise and diet. For some, even intense exercise will never resolve their stubborn fupa; this could be because of a genetic predisposition. Using SmartLipo Triplex with Renuvion for Skin Tightening, Imagen can remove that bulge in your lower midsection in under two hours.
Fat Upper Pubic Area
- Using a local anesthesia technique called which combines a mild sedative and a local anesthetic, patients can expect a completely relaxed experience during the surgery for FUPA.
- FUPA liposuction is a minimally invasive procedure that requires only two incisions, one in each groin crease on either side of the treatment area.
- Smart Lipo uses cannulas that are only 3mm wide, meaning that the incisions are so small that they don’t even require stitches to remove excess fat
- With the combined use of Smart Lipo and a light sedative, patients can communicate easily with the surgical staff during the whole surgery.
- Patients typically walk out of the clinic the same day.
Who’s A Good Candidate For FUPA Liposuction?
- Both women and men can be candidates for FUPA liposuction.
- Slim men or women with genetic predisposition to storing fat in the lower abdomen.
- Previously overweight individuals who have had abdomen or tummy tuck surgeries.
- Mommy Pooch: Pregnancy can cause overall weight gain, but it can also result in an overabundance of fat, particularly in the FUPA region.
Smart Lipo is a gentle procedure that requires minimal recovery/downtime. Most patients can resume everyday practices within approximately two weeks after surgery:
- Refrain from intense physical activity following the surgical procedure.
- Two to three days after the cosmetic surgery, you can enjoy light exercise.
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet.
- Drink 3 liters to a gallon of water each day.
- Wear compression garments as directed by your doctor.
- Take any prescribed medications as directed by your surgeon.
Common Recovery Symptoms
- Below are some of the most common recovery symptoms that FUPA liposuction patients experience:
- Swelling – The FUPA is a delicate area of the body; some swelling can be expected. Swelling in this region may last for up to 30 days
- Bruising – Bruising is also typical after liposuction, and patients can expect to see some bruising, which will gradually disappear throughout the recovery period.
- Discomfort in the upper pubic area -The FUPA may be sore for the first few days to a week after surgery. This discomfort resembles a moderate sunburn. Your surgeon will prescribe pain medication
- Changes in menstruation – Some women may experience menstruation changes after having upper pubic area liposuction. The recovery process differs from patient-to-patient
Liposuction Cost and Financing
FUPA Liposuction at the Imagen starts at $3,500, depending on the number of areas you’re having treated. Combining multiple liposuction procedures during the same surgical will offer substantial savings. You may consider abdomen lipo or Lipo360 for cohesive results.