Cellulite is a very common problem. Over 90 percent of women have some degree of cellulite. It is also a very frustrating problem. Many of the women we see in consultation for Cellulaze Cellulite Reduction Treatment are doing all they can with diet and exercise, but still are not comfortable with their appearance because of their cellulite.
Cellulite is a structural problem, below the skin, involving both fat and fibrous tissues. Even though the causes are structural and genetic, we often have patients asking if there is anything that can be done with their diet to help improve their cellulite.
Dietary changes can lead to some improvement in cellulite, but like results that you get with creams, the improvement is not permanent and is generally minimal. Dietary changes that affect cellulite typically work by improving the general health of the skin.
Some nutrients that can help improve your skin health and can improve the appearance of your cellulite include:
- Unsaturated Fats (nuts, avocado, olive oil)
- Antioxidants (prunes, berries, whole grains, green tea) improve skin health and reduce inflammation
- Vitamin C (oranges, tomatoes)
- Vitamin A (spinach, beets, carrots, cantaloupe, sweet potatoes) increases collagen
- Lutein (leafy greens) increases skin elasticity
- Lycopene (tomatoes, red fruits) increases collagen
- Bioactive Collagen Peptide Supplements
Regular exercise, especially weight bearing exercise, can also improve the appearance of cellulite by toning the muscles, which increases the fullness below the skin, and decreases fat deposits, which can lead to a smoothing of the skin.
If you are doing all the right things and still not making any headway with your cellulite, there are treatments that can help you reach your goals. We offer the Cellulaze treatment for a long lasting improvement in your cellulite. If you would like to learn more about Cellulaze or other treatments for cellulite, please contact us for a complimentary consultation.