Are love Handles a thing of the past?
For millenniums, evolution and nature favored those who could store fat as they got older. The young and fast (if not the furious) could always chase prey while the more senior could stay in their caves and fields, living on their stored fat, waiting for their next meal.
Today, we live very different active lives in a modern technological world. Cosmetic surgeons have mastered the art of removing cosmetic imperfections from the human body.
In the 1970s, the cosmetic surgery profession started to develop the tools to make fat deposits disappear with literally the touch of a wand. Today with 50 years of advancements in safe local anesthetics and precise microsurgical lasers, cosmetic surgeons can easily remove love handles in less than two hours without pain nor scarring. Call it the miracle of Tumescent liposuction.
Tumescent liposuction has also evolved to move things one step further. It now permits fat transfers to other parts of your body. You do not need to discard your stubborn fat. Instead, you can have it reinjected to other parts of your body. You could choose to have a bust lift with breast augmentation for a more pleasing body contour. You could add a cup size or two. You could also choose a BBL to give yourself a heart-shaped or a beautiful bubble butt. Both procedures can make you look years younger and give you the confidence to wear all the latest form-fitting fashions.
Now let’s get started by explaining how all of this is possible.
What is a tumescent Love Handles Liposuction in Omaha?
Love Handles liposuction is the process of removing fat cells and tissue from your flanks to give your waist a slimmer appearance. The procedure is called love handles tumescent liposuction.
In a typical liposuction cosmetic surgery procedure:
You first receive oral sedation in the form of a pill to make you relax.
You then receive the latest generation local anesthetic to numb the treatment area.
You remain fully awake and aware during the procedure.
The surgeon can always talk to you and make sure you are comfortable.
The surgeon can then extract the excess fat with a tiny powered cannula (like a small motorized straw).
At Imagen, we use SmartLipo Triplex and/or Vaser Liposuction to liquefy the fatty deposits before removing them. This lets us use a smaller cannula and makes the procedure painless for the patient. This helps reduce the recovery to a few days.
The operation is usually performed under two hours, and you can be driven home for a few days to recover.
Who is going to perform my liposuction surgery in Omaha?
Dr. Frank Soto Leon is the Co-Founder and Co-Medical Director of Imagen Body Sculpting & Cosmetic Center. As one of Omaha’s most experienced laser liposuction physicians, Dr. Soto has undergone extensive training in multiple disciplines. He is an expert in Advanced Liposuction, Autologous Fat Transfer, and 4D Hi-Definition Liposculpture. Dr. Soto regularly uses SmartLipo Triplex and Vaser technologies to tighten the skin after lipo surgery.
Dr. Soto received his Masters of Science in Pathology and Microbiology from the University of Nebraska Medical Center. Later, he received his Medical Degree from Duke University Medical Center in Durham, NC. Electing to stay in Durham, Dr. Soto Leon completed his residency with the Duke University Department of Surgery. He then completed a fellowship with the American Board of Aesthetic Medicine and received his board certification.
Dr. Soto regularly teaches liposuction courses around the world on behalf of the American Board of Aesthetic Medicine.
The following video series shows Dr. Soto performing the steps of a SmartLipo case:
Am I a good candidate for Love Handles Liposuction?
Good Question! The simple answer is usually yes, but It depends on these factors:
- Do I have fat deposits on my flanks that have not responded well to diet or exercise?
- Would I like to look slimmer in jeans without a muffin top?
- Do I have health issues that may affect the results of surgery?
- Am I at, or close to, my ideal weight but need to deal with a recent weight gain?
- Do I have proper skin elasticity to tighten my loose skin after surgery?
- Do I have realistic expectations of my liposuction procedure?
Results You Can Expect from Love Handle Liposuction
When you have SmartLipo liposuction performed on your love handles, you’ll see:
- A slimmer, more defined waist after the removal of the pockets of fat
- A curvier shape
- Better muscle tone in the treated parts of the body
- Less flank fat
- A fitter, more athletic appearance
- If you were to gain weight again, it usually moves to other parts first.
Love Handle Liposuction Plus Brazilian Butt Lift
Many patients are looking to reshape more than one area of their bodies. One of the most popular procedures is the Brazilian Butt Lift.
The Brazilian Butt Lift is called a body contouring procedure. It injects the fat cells harvested from your love handles into your butt cheeks. Call it healthy recycling. Purifying healthy cells and injecting them high up into your buttocks will give you a beautiful bubble or heart-shaped butt, taking years off your figure.
What are the risks of Love Handles Liposuction?
Love handles liposuction is a very safe procedure overall. Nationwide there is a less than 1% risk of serious complications (You can find the details of the study here.) There is no need for general anesthesia as the whole procedure is done using local anesthesia. The most common after-effects for our patients are bruising and swelling, which are expected after a liposuction procedure. The most common complication that we see is called a seroma. This is when a fluid collection builds up in the area of treatment. This is not usually a serious complication, but it does require draining. This is something that our physicians will discuss during your consultation.
If you want to know more about the risks associated with liposuction, you can read our blog, Is Liposuction Safe?
Preparing for Love Handle Liposuction
It is essential to follow a few easy steps:
- Organize transportation to and from the clinic
- A week before your planned surgery, avoid all blood-thinning medication, alcohol, and smoking, which can affect bleeding and your recovery.
- Bring the list of all medications you may be taking so your doctor can look it over.
- Plan for someone to spend the first night or two after surgery with you
- Follow all eating and drinking instructions in the days before your procedure.
- Wear loose clothing, including a button-up shirt, to your procedure to make changing more manageable and more comfortable
Downtime – Recovery Times from Liposuction Surgery
Downtime Period: You can program to have lipo surgery and be back to work in a few days. You may experience some discomfort in this area of the body. The pain subsides in a few days.
Recovery Period: The recovery period for love handles liposuction varies somewhat from patient-to-patient. Each case is different. Some temporary effects from the procedure, including:
- Numbness in the treated area
- Mild bleeding or tissue fluid drainage
These effects typically disappear within 1 to 3 weeks after the procedure.
Final results are usually achieved between four to six weeks after the surgery. It is recommended to follow these seven steps for the best results:
- Avoid strenuous activities during the recovery period.
- Resume normal activities include walking within the first week to oxygenate the body and return to your routine. This will allow the treatment area and the lower back to adjust to the removal of the unwanted fat and loose skin,
- Wear the compression garment during the recovery period. FIRST WEEK: Patients are asked to wear the garment 24 hours a day after surgery (except while showering) to ensure the treatment area keeps its new contour shape. SECOND WEEK: Patients may be asked to wear the garment for 12 hours a day or as recommended by their doctor.
- Eat healthy diet consists of lots of lean protein, fresh fruits/vegetables, whole grains, and unsalted nuts. A healthy diet can have a significant impact on the final results of the procedure.
- Proper hydration -Drink plenty of water to promote a faster healing response.
- Take the medications that your doctor prescribed according to the proper schedule.
- Proper hygiene: Keep the area of the surgery clean to prevent infection
How much does Love Handles Liposuction cost?
At Imagen, we analyze each case individually. Depending on your body size, the number of sites contemplated in your surgery, the doctor will calculate your cost and give you a written estimate.
RealSelf.com quotes the average cost of liposuction at around $6,150. It would be best if you kept in mind that this is an average. This can include the chin, neck, both legs, both buttocks, and the whole back.
Our liposuction prices start at $1429 per area.
If you want more details on what can affect the cost of love handles liposuction, you can read our blog, How Much Does Liposuction Cost?
If you want to get an estimate of how much your love handles liposuction would cost, we would be happy to review your Virtual Consultation. The only way to get exact pricing would be to come in for an in-person consultation. To set that up, please call our office at 402-509-8473.
For information about financing your love handles liposuction, please visit our Cost and Financing page.
How much fat can be removed with Love Handles Liposuction?
Love Handles liposuction is not a weight-loss procedure. We measure results more in inches than in pounds. The recommendation to be removed during awake liposuction is no more than 5 liters (about 10 pounds). Very few patients have this much fat removed in a single procedure. It is common to lose 1-4 inches from your waist measurement with love handles liposuction (how much depends on how much fat you have to be removed). Please review Before and After Photos* to give you a sense of the results you can expect.
Can I Get Financing for Love Handles Liposuction?
We have partnered with reputable finance companies that specialize in helping you get the financing you need and the body you have been dreaming of.
It only takes minutes to fill out an application, and they can help you choose the straightforward monthly payment plan that best suits your budget.
What is the next step?
Please come in for a free consultation in Omaha.
Nothing beats a face-to-face meeting with an experienced and skilled cosmetic surgeon to give you all the facts you need to decide for yourself.
To schedule your appointment, please call our office at 402-509-8473.