There are multiple factors that determine whether or not you are a good liposuction candidate. Below are the 5 reasons you need to be examined by one of our board certified doctors to determine if liposuction is right for you:
Internal vs. External Fat
- We all have fat that is internal or behind our muscles. The internal fat surrounds our vital organs and external fat lies below the skin on the outside of the muscle. Only external fat can be removed with liposuction.
- Even though certain types of Liposuction (such as SmartLipo Triplex Liposuction) can help to tighten the skin, if too much loose skin is the problem, an abdominoplasty (AKA Tummy Tuck) might be a better choice. Sometimes a combination of a tummy tuck and liposuction may be the way to go to get you the best result.
Hernias & Splitting of the Muscles of the Abdomen
- Hernias and muscle diastasis (splitting of the muscles of the belly, which is very common after pregnancy) can be an obstacle to liposuction. If you have an opening in the muscles of the abdomen, it might need to be repaired prior to liposuction.
Too Much Fat
- Even though liposuction removes fat, it is not a weight loss procedure. If obesity is part of the problem, weight loss by other means (such as diet and exercise or weight loss surgery) might be recommended prior to your liposuction procedure.
- Liposuction is a great treatment to remove fat and give you a much better shape. But, realistic expectations are important. This is part of the talk with your doctor during the consultation. It is key for you to ask your doctor what to expect in terms of results, as well as recovery and downtime.
At Imagen Body Sculpting, it is the priority of our doctors and staff to answer all of your questions and concerns. We will help you understand the ins-and-outs of liposuction and determine if it is right for you.
Be sure to visit our specials page to see what monthly offers we have for liposuction, and don’t forget to ask about CareCredit and Lipo Layaway! These are a few of the many ways Imagen can help you afford this life-changing procedure.